Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27, 2010

My walk this evening had me flanked on both sides of the sidewalk with white Queen Anne's Lace and Yellow Buffalo Bean flowers. The Canadian thistle that reached well past my eye level on the mounds of dirt just beyond the sidewalk made the walk along Humberwood Blvd. quite a magical place to be. All the thistle is in seed and the floating puffs are everywhere. It took me 30 minutes over the freeway and into Malton, a neighbourhood that is mostly "Little India" formerly settled by the Italians but mostly abandoned by them for greener pastures and now been taken over by the emmigrants from India and Pakistan. I had letters to mail and some candy to take to Jackie O'Toole. We visited for about 15 minutes then I walked home as the round red sun set in the west. There were many walkers, families, couples and loners. A great evening for a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment